2010-02-01

As January Bites the Dust...

Hey folks,
I thought that I would start doing a bit of a wrap-up at the end of each month. And then a preview for the upcoming month. Enjoy!

January Wrap-up
*Started off w/a massive wrap-up for the past year.
*Some stats. I love stats, although ironically I never took a statistics class. Huh.
*Read some great graphic novels involving Batman, Sleeper, and a Giant. (BTW if you don't check out Matt Kindt that you are doing yourself a disservice.)
*Made a suggestion considering the new Spider-Man reboot.
*I learned that my life would be far worse if there was a zombie outbreak.
*I still love Cranford. And can ramble on about Jane Austen.
*Book Club + Jesus's Son=Epic Wonderfulness.
*J.D. Salinger died.
*Stephen Fry In America is must-see TV.

Book-wise Stats
Total Books=7
Completely true. However The Walking Dead Compendium was the equivalent of 8 trades so I counted it as such.

This included:
Fiction=1
Non-Fiction=2
Graphic Novels=4

Borrowed from Library=6
TBR pile=1

Previews, Coming Attractions, Things to Come
*Chuck Klosterman talking about time travel.
*Sherlock Holmes!
*More Comic goodness.
*Meeting Sara Zarr and Ann Dee Ellis.
*Return of Sleeper.
*My thoughts on the new Masterpiece Classic version of Emma.
*Launch of the new graphic novel book club @ SLCPL.
*Well...I guess we'll just have to see eh?

Have a great week! Book Slave.

No comments: