2010-01-03

Stats, Oh Stats.

Hello,
Hope you are all having a great start to the year. January is a time when we evaluate the past year and then set up goals for next year. Usually it means that you abandon those goals by the end of the month or set upon a new path. I felt that my goals for last year were pretty realistic. Unfortunately I didn't make it. I wanted to read 25% more than the year before. As you can see below I still needed another 10% or about 15 more books. It's not completely out of reach though. So I think I'm gonna keep that for 2010. I also wanted to read more of a variety of books. I want to continue to expand what I read. These goals will have to center around my TBR pile because that has been the point of all this. My TBR pile has become my Everest. It must be conquered. Or I'll have nowhere to sleep. Seriously, I'm not joking.

Here's Some Stats to Ponder
Books read in 2009: 103
Books read in 2008: 90
% difference between 2008 & 2009: +14%

Average read per month: 8.6 books/mo.
Average read per week: 2 books/wk.
Number read in worst month: 5 (December)
Number read in best month: 14 (June)

Fiction as percentage of total: 19%
Non-fiction as percentage of total: 7%
Graphic Novels as percentage of total: 58%
Everything else: 16%

Well there it is. Have a great week! Book Slave.

No comments: