2008-12-16

Did Jane Have a Christmas Tree?

Hello,
Happy holidays y'all! The end of the year approaches quickly don't it. Tomorrow I'll be putting up my own tree. Only a real tree for this girl. And Christmas lights! Oh I can't wait, it's very exciting. Anyway Onward!

Shout Out
BTW Today is Jane Austen's Birthday. She would be 233 years old today. So Cheers to you Jane, I raise a glass in your honor.

My Posts about Jane: Teach Me Jane I'm Willing to Learn, Austen and Socrates, Critic Proof.

Review
More Information Than You Require
I love John Hodgman. Ever since I saw him on The Daily Show to promote his first book Areas of My Expertise I knew that we were kindred spirits. His new book More Information is an expert sequel to Areas. Hodgman has a unique absurdity to his comedy which can be exhausting, but produces endless cackles of laughter. Who else could give us 700 mole man names? Hodgman is great at satirizing the pursuit of useless arcane trivia. He also makes a great swipe at celebrity as he talks about his status as a MINOR TELEVISION CELEBRITY (yes he puts it in All Caps). Highly Enjoyable and definitely re-readable.

Author Link: John Hodgman

Other Reviews
AV Club|Student Voice|jesterjournal

The Reading List
Books
Local
Mrs. Dalloway


Comics
Secret Six #4

Magazine
Newsweek

Checkout Count: Varied

Comic Pull List: Batgirl #6, Batman And The Outsiders #14, Buffy The Vampire Slayer #20, Deadpool #5, Fables #79, Trinity #29

Have a great week! Book Slave.

No comments: