2008-02-28

Some Web food...

Hello,
Tonight we are going to kill a few birds with one stone. Tonight it's all about some wonderful new sites that I've explored on this great World Wide Web. Enjoy!

Technorati
I actually found this to be very interesting to me personally. I have been on the hunt for a good Blog search site. I'd found Google Reader to be difficult to use. So here's a site that is easy to use, thanks to tags, and can lead me to what I'm interested in. However, I see the library application is slim to none. Again a lot is dependent on key word search, which can lead you through a maze of blogs that are far far away from where you started. Two hours later you are reading someones opinion about Marion Cotillard's dress at the Oscars (which I thought was fabulous BTW!) and not an explanation of the country's current sub-prime mortgage crisis.

LibraryThing, Goodreads, Shelfari
Well this site basically eliminates the idea of keeping a book journal or filling out 3 X 10 cards. Each site has a very easy interface and the visuals of the covers is marvelously appealing. However lets not forget that this is another version of social connectivity where we don't even need to ask you face to face about what books you are reading/have read. I'll just look you up on LibraryThing and there it is. All fears of our society's move towards an inability toward human contact aside, I will say that these sites are a lot of fun. I joined with LibraryThing because I like the library credibility of it. (It's there in the title!) And I did link it to this blog here. Although I will only be listing the titles I talk about here in Reviews. I also found it very savvy that by clicking on the covers you will instantly be sent to Amazon.com. Those crafty buggers at Amazon! Of course for library usage this can be incorporated into Reader's Advisory. It is so much better than What to Read Next.

Well there you are folks some web food for thought. Have a good week! Book Slave.

No comments: