2008-02-19

Mea Culpa

Hey Blog-o-sphere,
A mea culpa this week I beg of you. This week I found myself bouncing from book to book and finishing none. So this means no reviews this week. Again mea culpa. However, in its place this week I am going to share another obsession of mine: podcasts.
What is a podcast? Podcasting started about 5 years ago where individuals started using recording equipment, hi and low-tech, to create their own mp3s. These podcasts are generally just normal people talking about a subject they love. Some are more professional than others. The best, IMHO, are podcasts that are just a couple of friends getting together and just shooting the bull about a subject they are passionate about.

So here's a list of book podcasts that I listen to/recommend:
NPR: Books
Booklust with Nancy Pearl
New York Times Book Review
ReadThis!

These can all be found on Itunes. If you know of any other ones please let me know.

Reading List
Book
Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao

Play
Coast of Utopia Vol. 2 Shipwreck

Comic
Countdown #12

Magazine
Outside

Checkout Count: 51

Next week I will have reviews. Have a great reading week! Book Slave.

1 comment:

crazy4novels said...

Hey, thanks for scoping out the book podcasts. I'm sure they'll help expand my ever-growing list of things to read -- so many books, so little time.