2008-10-09

Self-Indulgent Navel Gazing and Sarah Vowell

Hello folks,
I have to apologize for tonight's entry I've decided to engage in some solipsistic navel gazing. Don't worry I'll be back to books soon enough.

On the book front I'm going to throw a little nibble at you. A few months ago I read Assassination Vacation, you can read about it here. Sarah Vowell, the author of Vacation, has a new book out titled The Wordy Shipmates. To promote she has been doing the rounds and here is a magical clip. Enjoy!



Me, Me, Me
The other day I was sitting in a meeting and someone said the following about me
"I think she (me) has 3 lives."


How do I do all the things that I do? Well I think there are a few reasons:

1. I don't get nearly enough sleep. Yes it's true. Since I was a kid I have always had trouble sleeping. I've been diagnosed with a sleeping disorder which I struggle with. As a kid I started reading before I went to bed and it's a habit I've kept.

2. I am an incredible multi-tasker. This comes from my mom, who is also able to do multiple things at one time. She can't help herself and neither can I. Yes I can manage to read a book, listen to a podcast and watch a soccer game all at one time.

3. I like to keep myself busy. No joke, sometimes it's kind of insane. Not very good at relaxing I rarely go on vacation. I also have been employed full-time for the majority of my grown-up life while also going to school. Graduated from college with 2 BA's this way. Yes I am kind of insane.

4. When I get into something, I go all in. If I'm interested in a subject I want to know all there is to know about it. This makes me a jack of all trades, master of none I guess.

5. Really I have very little else. Don't drink, do drugs, play an instrument, and I will be single forever. A proud spinster am I. (Sorry Mom!)

Well I hope you've enjoyed a fascinating self-indulgent trip into my head. Have a great week! Book Slave.

No comments: