2008-10-14

Bliss=Hot Chocolate

Hello,
Having a great week? We had our first snow this week. I loved it! Got out the scarfs and had my first cups of hot chocolate. Oh! Maybe I'll make myself a cup right now! Anyway I'm looking forward to future! Screw all ironic cynicism, I'm going all post-ironic. Onward!

Reviews
Fell Vol. 1
I think this graphic novel was wonderfully smart and twisted. This crime procedural, written by Warren Ellis and drawn by Ben Templesmith, follows Detective Richard Fell as he solves the horrible messed up crimes of Snowtown. If you thought Sin City was bad, it's nothing compared to this. Templesmith has an amazingly minimalistic art style that I loved in 30 Days of Night. It's distinctive and perfect for the darkness of this book. Detective Fell, as written by Ellis, is a classic detective archetype. Why has he been exiled to Snowtown? What is his past? Why is he so good? I am desperate to know.

Announcements
If you look at the current webpage on the sidebar I've made a few changes. There's now a recent comments section, so please feel free to comment anytime. I'll always try to respond back. Also there is a new Blog Roll section that includes blogs from my fellow co-workers and friends. Please feel free to check those out, I think they're nifty.

What's In My Bag
Books
Bird Watching
Invincible Vol. 1

Magazines
Newsweek

Comic
Secret Six #2

Comic Pull List: Batgirl #4, Batman And The Outsiders #12, Captain Britain And Mi 13 #6, Dynamo 5 #17, Fables #77, Rasl #3, Trinity #20

Check Out Count: Getting Good.

Have an amazing week! Book Slave.

No comments: