2008-08-24

Important Bulletin

Hey There cyberspace,
Today I thought I throw a little personal insight for you. The picture below is of my bulletin board. It hangs next to my desk in my little apartment. Over time it has accumulated alot. It's multilayered. Lest you think that this is non-literary I've got some literary markers in there. Look for a little explanation below.
Enjoy!


In the upper left hand corner is an insert taken from a horrible exhibit on James Joyce. The booklet was the best part.

Underneath that is an ad card from the wonderful film Tristan Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story. Highly recommend.

The flower right next to George W. is a print that was given to me by a poet named Hector.

Nearby is my English BA tassel hanging. One of the rare tangible gains of that degree.

At the center is Walt Whitman. I am always struck by the look in his eyes.

Below him you'll see the number 52. 52 just happens to be one of my favorite comic series. I got this Wait List # at Sundance completely by chance.

Lower right corner is Allen Ginsberg. I like this picture of him in silhouette. Much like a poet.

Have a great week! Book Slave.

No comments: