2009-07-21

City on Fire!

Hello friends,
I bring this post tonight to you from the sweatlodge that is my domicile. Look I know it's summer and I live in a desert, but man some of us don't have air conditioning. Please weather gods lighten up a bit. Also at the moment I'm doing some California Dreamin' as Comic-Con begins. Someday I'll convince the library I work for to front the money so I can go. Of course it'll be for "research". Yeah researching kick ass comics baby! Well every girl has her little dream.

Well Onward we go!

Reviews
BPRD: Plague of Frogs, BPRD: The Dead
If you want to know how I feel about this series, well check out last week's review here. In it's further volumes the story begins to open up as we meet new characters. We also learn more about Abe Sapien and Roger in a very unique style. This series doesn't settle for simple exposition, they do a great job of using sequential art to get us info. The personal dynamics between different characters are wonderful. It actually reminds me of the wonderful humor for League of Extraordinary Gentleman. I love it how these characters react to each other and to the crazy events around them. Great series.

The Reading List
Books
Citizen Vince
BPRD: The Black Flame


Magazines
Four Four Two

Comics
Blackest Night #1

Check Out Count: Improving.

Comic Pull List: Amazing Spider-Man #600, Dark Wolverine #76, Gotham City Sirens #2, Green Lantern #44, Outsiders #20, Runaways 3 #12, Wednesday Comics #3

Have a great week! Book Slave.

No comments: