2008-11-04

Hope and Anarchy

Hello
What a night! Being a cynical person most of the time I am always surprised when a people decides that it's time to accept hope and optimism. Yes We Can!

Reviews
Kill Your Boyfriend
This was a book that I have been interested in, but it's been out of print. When I found out that a reprint was coming out I jumped for it. Grant Morrison is a writer for the future, he writes outside the box. I loved the happy anarchy of this book. It follows a young couple of murdering punks who decide to cut a path across England. Morrison clearly mocks this psuedo-rebellion that is seen in teenage culture. His antagonists are laughingly obscene. I can clearly see the influence this book must have had on Millar's Wanted and Ellis's Preacher. Highly enjoyable, but not for the weak.

The Reading List
Books
Scalped
All Star Superman Vol. 1

Comic
Battlefield: Night of the Witch

Magazine
Four Four Two

Check Out Count: Improving
Comic Pull List:Gemini #3, Secret Six #3, Trinity #23

Have a great week in America! Book Slave.

No comments: