2009-03-19

10 Word Experiment

Hello All,
It's been awhile since I've done a review post. I assure you I haven't stopped reading that's for sure. On Monday I and the esteemed Brooke Young did my presentation on Young Adult Literature for my peers. I've been prepping for it for 1 month and a half. It means that I've been steeped in YA novels, although not like Kerry at Windmill Watching. (A truly hilarious blog, check it out.) But enough that I am glad to get back to sequential art.

So this week I thought I would try an experiment. I'm gonna try to review these books in 10 words or less. Can I do it? Let's see.

Reviews
Paper Towns
Read it now. True Love lost will always be found.

Other Reviews
Teen Book Review | Viewpoints | Orlando Sentinel

Looks
Fat Girl, Skinny Girl. Body issues. Sweet Revenge. Heartbreakingly Real.

Other Reviews
Teen Book Review | slayground

Suckerpunch
Brothers seek out abusive father. Lacks Punctuation. Grim, emotional, real.

Author's Website: David Hernandez

Other Reviews
LA Times

Ronin
Samurais, Sci-Fi. 10 panel pages. Frank Miller is crazy. Completely unexpected.

Author Bio: Frank Miller


The Reading List
Books
French Milk
Uncanny X-Men: From the Ashes


Magazine
Paste

Comic
Trinity #41

Check Out Count: Strangely Increasing.

Comic Pull List: Outsiders #16, Trinity #42, Wolverine #71

Have a great weekend! Book Slave.

2 comments:

SWILUA said...

what? hilarious? but everything I say is just so... *serious*!

;-) thanks for the shout out!

Little Willow said...

Thanks for the link!